Today is my first official day of summer. No more school, which means no more textbooks to read (besides Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari, but that’s just for fun), no more papers to write, and no more tests to study for. During this time it is so incredibly easy to become… well… a lazy bum. However, today I already went through my entire plastic bag collection for my Recycled Chanel products, I took all my clothes I have been meaning to get rid of to Plato’s Closet (scored myself $30 cash) and then took the rest to Good Will, and wrote this blog you are reading now, all before 1 o’clock. Kendrick Lamar’s new album might have something to do with my get s**t done attitude, but there are definitely a few other things that have helped me get the motivation to be productive.. even on a Monday. Here are just a few tips to get your week started on a productive and happy note!
1. Pick one thing that has been on your to-do list for forever and day and just get it done. For me, it was taking my clothes to Good Will. Once you knock that one thing off your to-do list you will feel such a weight lifted from your shoulders and that feeling will make you want to knock more things off your to-do list. It’s really interesting how being productive can actually feel so good (tomorrow I tackle cleaning my car… wish me luck).
2. Create a Monday morning playlist (I know… so lame, right?). But this is probably my favorite tip! Music can really set a mood (I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that **wink wink**), so setting up a playlist that helps you feel motivated, energized, and up beat can really set your week up for success. I personally enjoy rap at the beginning of the week because I have a very go with the flow personality and the rap is a sharp contrast to my normal personality which helps build that energy I so desperately need.
3. Treat yo’self! No, don’t go blowing through your budget for the week, but give yourself a little something to look forward to. My personal favorite is a vanilla iced latte in the morning because the rest of the week your girl is running on iced americano’s or some instant coffee at home. Just do something for yourself that puts a smile on your face and gets you moving. (another personal favorite is splurging on a Bikram Yoga Class, the heat helps build a fire inside that keeps me going all week)
4. Eat right, ALL DAY. This one is really big for me because your Monday truly sets up the rest of your week. So start your morning with a clean breakfast, make or buy your self a healthy lunch (this should be your biggest meal of the day), then finish with a healthy and light dinner! Also drink plenty of water! This not only will keep your energy up through out the day, but will also help motivate you to eat healthy the rest of your week.
5. Shake things off. Remember it is Monday… People tend to be a little extra grumpy (obvi they didn’t read this blog), traffic tends to feel worst than usual, all the work you have been avoiding all weekend is finally catching up to you… but hey, guess what, you got this! And complaining about it or getting grumpy with everyone else isn’t going to get what you need to get done, done. So instead just shake those negative vibes off. Jam to your kick a** playlist, enjoy your healthy meals, your iced latte, or your other treat yo’ self gift and just enjoy your Monday.
Time to get your week set up for success- go knock that to-do item off your list, create that playlist, make that meal, and enjoy your productive, boss self.